Following is an Overview of the Instruction
Available through AICD's Ice Carving Programs
Providing far more instruction than what mere demonstrations of complex carvings can provide, Paul Germain's totally immersive, one-to-one, hands-on training techniques and real life applications make even the most detailed features of AICD's fascinating instructional programs come to life. Paul's break through methods of training prove to be nothing short of contagious for highly motivated chefs, culinary instructors, and professional ice carvers who want it all - their testimonials then say it all!
In order to maximize instructional time for our students, instruction is tailored
to the individual carver's program of instruction and previous level of artistic experience.
AICD is world
by those who value the best.
Most of the topics below are included in the Chef Ice Artist Program!
Topics such as business marketing, realistic portraits, special themes,
competitions, high-tech special effects, curriculum design, etc. are
included as appropriate within our additional instructional programs.
We invite you to call Paul Germain personally to discuss how a
program can be custom tailored to your particular needs and goals.
Overview of AICD's Instructional
"The training puts you through real world situations and scenarios so not to panic if situations arise. I look forward to practicing my new skills. Very good program. Very informative with a wide range of tools and techniques. Not only can I sculpt, I can now draw, too."
Christian Orea, CCIC, Pastry Chef, Valley View Casino and Hotel,
Valley Center, California
Topics and Objectives
Note: AICD's state-of-the-art instructional methods are renown for providing the
ultimate "hands-on" experience for achieving mastery of each objective!
- Appropriate use of ice carving books and online resources for design ideas
- Sharpening, custom bits, and modern ice carving tool innovations
- Use of the latest bits, tools, equipment, resources
- Modifying and tricking out power tools for added comfort and speed
- Safety skills related to lowering, lifting, splitting, carving, delivery, and set-up
- Enlarging techniques for any circumstance
- Beginning to advanced design principles
- Designing ice sculptures for banquets and promotions
- Timing and scheduling considerations when working with
advanced engraving, ice painting, gel, and stone inlay techniques
- Designing and safely moving complex multi-block ice sculptures
- Secrets of learning how to draw with confidence regardless of previous experience
- Developing drawing skills
- Developing patience to ensure excellence, even when rushed
- Precision carving skill, techniques, and tools
- Developing artistic awareness and the ability to visualize 3 dimensional images
- Developing the ability to sculpt in 3 dimensions
- Carving face, hands, human figure
- Developing the skills needed to carve realistic 3 dimensional portraits of celebrities
- Secrets of fast and easy templates - both custom and from ice carving books
- Secrets of stacking and fusing for unique effects and dire circumstances
- Maximizing the block for creativity
- Safe and creative use of the Clinebell Ice Block maker, hoist, and related equipment
- Casting fruit, vegetables, flowers, photographs, etc. into a Clinebell Ice Block
- Secrets of special effect coloring
- Secrets of inlays
- Secrets of closed-celled, snow-filled, and multiple level corporate logos
- Trouble-free ice beverage luges
- Safely taking your ice sculptures to the limit of lightness
- Pushing the limit of dynamic balance and tension without compromising safety
- Adapting the medium of ice for advanced ice sculpture presentations
- Creating the illusion of depth to reduce weight
- Considerations for adjusting your final design for time, temperature, and atmosphere
- Custom display equipment and safe setup techniques
- Secrets of ice sculpture special effects such as safe mid-air suspension, rotation, pyrotechnics, lasers, hi-tech DMX colored lighting, fog, and evaporative snow flurries.
- Ice sculpture instruction includes photography techniques
- Secrets of the critical art of safely transporting ice carvings to off-site venues
- Studio design and considerations
- Ice carving competitions
- Starting and building a business, insurance and liability issues
- How to get paid what you're worth
- Principles of effective advertising and marketing
- Secrets of dynamic media relations
- Principles of powerful and effective ice sculpting instruction
- Curriculum design for colleges interested in offering advanced ice sculpture instruction
...the list of topics and techniques goes on!
Be sure to read what chefs and career ice carvers have shared about their experience at AICD.
You, too, will be amazed by how much Paul Germain will put his whole
heart into making your training a special life experience to remember.
Reserve your private training opportunity now!
Each AICD Certification Program includes EVERYTHING:
Each student has full use of all applicable carving and specialty equipment, materials, 80 different fruit and vegetable carving books, fruit and vegetable carving DVD's, 30 different ice carving books, 30 art and scupture skills books, ice, fruit, and vegetable carving DVD's, computer aided design, crystal clear Clinebell ice blocks, fruit, vegetables, drawing and carving aids, and many other resources. Also included in tuition is the AICD Certificate Plaque.
Delicious meals (full course dining once a day), gourmet snacks, and refreshments are served with our compliments throughout the instructional day. You will enjoy high quality organic foods purchased fresh each day
from Whole Foods Market and Trader Joes. Students are responsible for meals during non-instructional hours and short days.
|Each first time student enrolled in an AICD Certification Program also receives a heavy duty AICD tool
bag filled with gourmet snacks and refreshments to enjoy while practicing additional drawing and carving projects at his/her hotel in preparation for the next day's carving.
"After researching other courses, I felt AICD offered more of what I was looking for, particularly one-on-one instruction. The variety of tools and reference material was extremely helpful. The classes were well planned and very informative. The instructor was experienced and very knowledgeable about art and sculpting.
Paul and Robin were great and made me feel comfortable during my visit. The training exceeded my expectations. I left AICD more confident in my ability to safely create sculptures that would enhance my business. Paul is an excellent teacher and the one-on-one training is ideal for anyone at any skill level. I appreciated the extra time the instructor provided to complete my project. He also offered excellent business advice and tips on developing my ice carving business.
My experience at AICD was wonderful. I started using what I learned in the Professional program as soon as I got back. Since that time (in just two months) my business has gone from selling 5 ice sculptures a month to 5 a week - and continues to increase. The training truly exceeded my expectations!"
Bill Bush, CPIC, Owner, MidCity Ice Company, Decatur, Georgia
Instruction includes the equipment, materials, and ice carving books that are appropriate to the AICD Ice Carver Program enrolled in.
Certificates indicating the number of hours of training successfully completed at AICD are provided to assist students with the documentation needed for continuing education hours and professional development units often required by teacher credential programs and distinguished professional associations. As part of our alumni services, we are happy to provide any additional documentation that students may need for their particular circumstances.
The ice carving industry is growing at a phenomenal rate in the U.S and around the world. AICD is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive and safe ice sculpture training possible for ice sculpture companies, hotels, caterers, country clubs, and culinary schools seeking to employ highly qualified, professionally certificated chefs, ice carvers, and sales associates.
AICD's training/certification programs are a valuable way to
for NICA's and ACF's certification programs, which are independent of AICD.
- Beginning ice sculpture classes
- Intermediate ice sculpture classes
- Advanced ice sculpture classes
• Fruit and Vegetable Carving classes
AICD's Lifetime Certification Guarantee:
Due to AICD's proven "hands on" approach to comprehensive instruction and its stature as a private school, you can earn each level of AICD Certification for life with no certification fees, no yearly fees, and no membership requirements.
To maintain the integrity of AICD's educational programs, activities such as attendance at conventions, competitions, and related activities cannot be counted for receiving AICD Certification. A carver's unique experiences may, however, qualify as the prerequisite for enrolling in AICD's advanced instructional programs.
In addition to providing comprehensive private ice carving instruction and ongoing support for graduates from around the world, AICD will be hosting special events featuring well known leaders in the ice sculpting industry who have distinguished themselves in either the commercial or competitive arenas.
Please send Paul Germain an email indicating that you would like to be notified about these events. These events will be scheduled based upon student interest.
"Ice Carving is a blast and knowing how to do it right makes it that much more fun! It's amazing how much you can learn in one day of training at AICD. "
Jim Driscoll, CAIC, Corona Del Mar, California
AICD takes pride in providing the most comprehensive, professional, and productive instruction available. Our students continue to inform us that there are no other ice or food carving training programs that even come close to providing the quality and quantity of what they learned at AICD, nor with private instruction, nor with such fine-tuned efficiency, nor with such hospitality.
We have passionately enjoyed providing remarkable training experiences for chefs and ice carvers from around the world, and hope we will soon have the priviledge of welcoming you to our exclusive family of AICD graduates.
Sincerely, Paul and Robin Germain
Be sure to read what
chefs and career ice carvers
about their experience at AICD.
Give us 3 days and we will give you a LIFETIME of better Carving and Design, too.